The Beginnings of NaNo 2o12

So...this is basically my keep-along thing. Seeing as how I'm handwriting/typewriting/typing my ENTIRE novel, this is the place for anyone interested to see how I'm doing. I'll post my word count, how the plot is, what I'm eating, anythin n everything here ^-^


Friday, March 23, 2012

Skyfire - my new WIP

So, my friend posted this as her FB status yesterday.

"
The sunset is beautiful :) its like the sky is on fire ♥ I love it.
"

And so, I was inspired. And I now have a WIP titled Skyfire. So far, it's about this girl who discovers that she was adopted with no links to her biological parents. And at the end, she's a at the beach with a guy and she describes the sky being on fire, like the fire inside her.

When I first started it, I wrote the ending. And I was going to turn it into one of those "ohmigosh shehashiddenpowers" sort of things. But then I wrote the adoption part and described her anger as the fire.

So now, I have decided it will basically be her hunt for her biological parents and the guy she meets along the way. With the betrayal of her adoptive parents keeping it a secret, running away, and facing the life of living on the streets, she has hardened herself to trust only herself, no one else. At one point, in the beginning, she describes her anger.

"The fire kept growing and growing until I was nothing but hate. I was nothing but molten lava, flowing down through the streets and leaving nothing untouched."

And so, it's going to start with the lava, destroying everything, all the way until it is a contained flame, always with her, always steady, and always ready to come out when she needs it. 

Hmm, yeah, I think that got a little confusing. That's about how all my writing is, confusing and rambling. But I write in first person anyway so it all works out ^-^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment