The Beginnings of NaNo 2o12

So...this is basically my keep-along thing. Seeing as how I'm handwriting/typewriting/typing my ENTIRE novel, this is the place for anyone interested to see how I'm doing. I'll post my word count, how the plot is, what I'm eating, anythin n everything here ^-^


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hi there everyone! :)

NaNo is just around the weekend and after a long boring Monday [which will seem even slower due to the amazing day planned after it] it will be time to write to your hearts content. :)

Now, I've never officially "won" NaNo, but I have participated in it for a few years and I've learned what I should and shouldn't do and I figured maybe I should share them.

•Don't procrastinate. Seriously, this is my biggest weakness. Even if I plan on writing, and I know what I'm going to write about...I will avoid it. Try not to do this.
•Don't go crazy over it. If you try and push yourself to hard to write each day, then you aren't going to want to write and then you'll end up procrastinating or not finishing.
•Take your time. I know the point of NaNo is just to get that first draft out there, but it's not going to be worth it if you have to cut out 50% of your hard work because it is crap. Try and give at least a semi-good quality novel draft. If you have to pad, then pad, but if it's non-essential and just to boost word count, be sure to put it in a different color so you know to take it out.
•Have a support group. it's really difficult to write something when no one knows you're working on it. If you have those people who are encouraging you to write and wanting to know how you're doing...don't keep them out of the process. It's really helps to boost your self-esteem knowing that there are people that think/know you can do it.

I know they aren't much, but if you can gain any wisdom from those, then I hope you put it to good use. I won't be able to post Monday until late as I'm skipping school [shh, it's Senioritis] but I'll attempt to get in a post tomorrow at some point with a few more pointers on how to help boost your word count in a good way. :)

Good luck everyone on the rush that is NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment