The Beginnings of NaNo 2o12

So...this is basically my keep-along thing. Seeing as how I'm handwriting/typewriting/typing my ENTIRE novel, this is the place for anyone interested to see how I'm doing. I'll post my word count, how the plot is, what I'm eating, anythin n everything here ^-^


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oopsie daisy

I'd planned on writing a post as soon as NaNo began but I was just sooo sleepy. And i've been really busy since then. I'm ahead/behind on word count [depending if you count todays as well] with 3616 words plus about another hundred that I need to type up.

My plot is going pretty smoothly, but it's rough writing. It's hard to remember all the things and I have so many blanks....this is the Prologue.

Prologue
Some stories - in fact - most of them, start at the beginning. But this one starts before that, because there are some things you need to know first.

        Some people say there is more to life now than there was one hundred years ago. There are people who tell of parents that fought bravely in the Last War. The war lasted for many years. They say it all began on a Thursday when the wars overseas finally came home. States began to secede from the United States of America, not wanting to be tangled in the debts that would be left behind from such a massive was. Within time, only a few states remained fighting until, they too, gave up. The war all but faded away with the realization that there was no America the Great anymore.
        It had finally fallen apart.
        Now, with the United States no longer, we have become just a small part of vast North America. Each state residing in it's own little pocket of space, holding the title of a country. And with each country comes a new government. No government is the same and people tend to come and go as best they can, trying to find somewhere safe to live. Most countries have allowed murder to a degree and, some just stick around for the monetary benefits.
        At least, that's what the history books say.
        Speaking of money, there are no longer U.S. dollars. They were abolished when the U.S. fell through. Now, there are [insert new type of currency here]s. You can have one [insert new type of currency here], or five [insert new type of currency here]. But no one has millions of [insert new type of currency here]. Because each [insert new type of currency here] has an expiration date.
        The date is five months past the first year of receiving the [insert new type of currency here]. You can renew the [insert new type of currency here] only if you have a reason to. Such as if you don't have a god income or if they were a gift.
        The [insert new type of currency here] are a thin slip of paper a few inches wide and about four inches long. They gradient from a deep purple to a rich red, and ending with a vintage pink. They have the amount in the middle as well as the expiration date written along the bottom.
        You are able to spend your money wherever it is accepting. In order to spend a [insert new type of currency here], you must insert the ticket into a small machine which then feeds it into the system and resets the expiration date. At that time you are able to purchase anything that your [insert new type of currency here] was worth. It is never worth the same in each country though. Some have prices even fifty percent higher than the country next door.
        Which is why most families have broken up. Sadly, no one really has a family anymore. A lot of people are dead. It is all the governments fault, no matter what they try to tell you.  who else's fault could it be when they're the ones allowing the murder and break - in's?
        Which is why there are rumors of an organization called [insert organization name here]. This organization supposedly takes in children that have lost their families or left home. No one really knows what happens after that but I do.
        Those rumors are true. I am the oldest recruit yet the youngest member. The people treat me with respect and I expect no less. I have been mentor to some, sister to others.
        My name is McKenna Sandoval. All these things I just told you are true, and you'd be wise to listen and learn from the mistakes that have been made.
        Many things have changed since the 2000s. No one has a car anymore. We have hover cars and rollo - bikes. The government has gone to crap and no one was really doing anything about it. Which is why the organization was formed.
        They're here to bring America back together. To have another home of the Brave and land of the Free.
And I am a part of it.


I have sooo many more [insert blank here] stuff it's not even funny.
The beginning of my second chapter

Nevada was exactly how I expected it to be. [insert adj here] and [insert adj here]. The people are [insert how the people act here] The terrain is [insert a view of how the terrain is here]. [Describe Nevada a little more here]

It's so hard to think up things on the go. One of my characters still doesn't have a name. My 15 year old MC acts like she's 19, My first government official is super boring, it's crazy. But I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with using brackets! I used 12 of them in my writing this morning. I then log them into a research tracking sheet, so that I know to come back and fill in any pertinent information later. And by later, I mean sometime next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete