The Beginnings of NaNo 2o12

So...this is basically my keep-along thing. Seeing as how I'm handwriting/typewriting/typing my ENTIRE novel, this is the place for anyone interested to see how I'm doing. I'll post my word count, how the plot is, what I'm eating, anythin n everything here ^-^


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Current Progress

As you can see on my right sidebar, I now have a counting widgety thing. :) Ain't it pretty. Sadly, the word count isn't. That was my ending count last night and I hope to write a minimum of 5k today. I have until 8pm to reach it so I think it's a very achievable goal.


What do yall think?


Haha :) Anyway, if you were trapped in a bathroom with some guy threatening to beat the pooh outta you...what would you do? :)


Excerpt!

They'd left only a few minutes ago but I still looked around as I pulled out the device. A cell phone. I wonder what it was used for. I know it can make noises and that, even though it falls apart, it is easily reassembled. I held the small item in my hand and flipped it over, examining the back side of it.

It had a piece that slid off and opened to what seemed to be the source of the power. I pulled off the battery, as it was so neatly labeled, and flipped it over it my other hand. It was so bulky compared to the small chip that powered the holo - screens.

The top of the 'cell phone' slid up to show the key - pad and the numbers printed on the buttons were slightly worn off. I carefully placed the battery back into the little pocket of room that it was meant for and replaced the cover. I pushed the power button and jumped lightly when it beeped. The welcome message popped up again and I smiled at how simple it was.

It made me wonder why anyone would want to let these things go to waste. I'd never seen one before but I'm sure if I messed around with it for awhile, I'd get the hang of it. I mean, how hard could it be. It's almost like a holo - screen except with buttons and you can't talk into it. But why would someone from the government have one?

It began to ring and I jumped halfway across the room, dropping the cell phone on the way. It sat on the carpet, spinning in circles as it vibrated and rang a chirp little tune.

I gained the courage to walk back over to it just as it stopped ringing. The screen read 'one missed call' but when I pressed to little button on the left where it said 'view' it began ringing again. The screen said 'answer' and 'reject' but i couldn't figure out how to do either of them. I was finally able to figure out that the small green button answered the phone but when i put the cell phone to my ear, i only hear crackles.

i pulled it away and looked at it. there was a timer counting upwards and it took me a second to figure out it was timing the conversation. i 'eeped' and dropped it. the crackling grew louding and i heard a 'hello? ryan, are you there?' when I didn't answer they, surprisingly a woman, continued on.

"Listen, someone was in your office. the supplies from your closet were everywhere and the window was open. i didn't get to see who it was but they left behind some prints. we're working hard to figur eout who's they are and what they were doing in your office. i hope you're safe. Just be careful. They are everywhere."

there was a faint click and i saw that they were no longer on the cell phone. i picked it up and held the screen close to my face.

"Hello?"

I didn't recieve an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment