The Beginnings of NaNo 2o12

So...this is basically my keep-along thing. Seeing as how I'm handwriting/typewriting/typing my ENTIRE novel, this is the place for anyone interested to see how I'm doing. I'll post my word count, how the plot is, what I'm eating, anythin n everything here ^-^


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My first wreck/accident

Hey guys! So, April 1st was just a wonderful day!

I went to Huntsville to pick up my boyfriend so we could go to my dad's house and eat and the rear support bar snapped in half about 15 minutes from his house.

So my mom had to come pick us up and so I decided to drive her explorer to take Trey home. I stayed there until about 10pm and started to head home. I get about 20 minutes into the 40 minute drive and the rear driver side tire blew out.

I heard the thump, thump, thump, so I started to slow down and get into the median [left side] [very slowly because I didn't want to fishtail] and ended up fishtailing into the right lane where there is a huge drop off and a TON of trees so I tried to get back over and I ended up spinning out of control into the median on the OPPOSITE side of the road, I was about 4 feet from going into that traffic.

Surprisingly, I didn't flip or hit anyone else. But had I gone into the right side, I would've flipped and definitely hit a few trees, had I gone forward any more I would have ran into a bridge, and had I been a little faster, probably gone into traffic.

I got insanely lucky.

Mom took me to the hospital to make sure I was okay and there was nothing wrong. They said I might bruise from the seat belt but I have nothing. And the only thing wrong with the explorer was the rim and tire was all but destroyed.


The red circle is where it all took place. I was heading south [the left side looking at the picture] and when I stopped, I could clearly read the green side on the right side.

There is a huge spot in the median where I slid and I'm sure I'll be able to see it for awhile. The ground was wet that night and the sun is shining bright.

Needless to say, I'm scared to drive but that's the only way to get back to my house from his and I only get to see him every Sunday so yeah :/ [unless I take the long way which adds about another 15/20 minutes]. I told mom I wasn't going to drive any car that didn't have insanely amazing wheels. >.<

Anyway, have y'all had a wreck? How bad was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment